The annual fall sale was held October 3 at Four Sixes Ranch in Guthrie, Texas, and 156 horses were sold.
Guthrie, Texas, October 7, 2020 – The Annual Return to the Remuda sale was hosted at the Four Sixes Ranch in Guthrie, Texas on October 3, where the Beggs Cattle Company, Four Sixes Ranch, Tongue River Ranch, Pitchfork Land and Cattle Company, along with guest consignors Circle Bar Ranch, King Ranch and Wagonhound Land & Livestock, sold 156 horses to the public.
“This was the largest crowd we have had at a Return to the Remuda Sale. We are appreciative of the support from the equine industry, buyers traveled from coast to coast to be at this event, with over 20 different states represented.” said Horse Division Manager and Resident Veterinarian, Dr Glenn Blodgett.
Across the board the sale was strong with gross sales of nearly $2,000,000, a more than 28 percent increase over 2019. The sale also experienced the highest overall average of $12,348, a 27 percent increase over 2019 and a more than 14 percent increase over all previous Return to the Remuda sales.
“Our 2-Year-Olds saw the biggest gains with a 34 percent increase over 2019 and 21 percent over all past sales. Our goal is to develop horses that are desirable both on the ranch and in the arena. The sale increases we saw this year reinforce that we are all on the right track with our breeding programs,” commented Blodgett.
Congratulations to the connections of the top 5 sellers:
• Hip #51 WARESTHEHANCOCK “Pearl Snap”, 2011 gray gelding (Waresthecat – Ginnin Hancock, by Tanquery Gin). Consigned by Four Sixes Ranch – $38,000.
• Hip #56 JESSES HIGH BROW, 2019 palomino colt (Jesses Topaz – High Brow Six, by High Brow Cat). Consigned by Four Sixes Ranch – $37,500.
• Hip #91 CATS ATTRACTIN CASH, 2013 gray gelding (Cat And Cash – Turnin Attraction, by Playin Attraction). Consigned by Pitchfork Land & Cattle Company – $30,000.
• Hip #92 BECACO DINERO, 2010 bay gelding (Doctor Echo – Ms Becaco Cash, by Preferred Gin).
Consigned by Beggs Cattle Company – $30,000
• Hip #108 CIRCLE BAR C ME WIN “Josey Wales”, 2011 gray gelding (Circle Bar Pistol – CC Aubrey Ann, by Seven S Keota). Consigned by Circle Bar Ranch – $30,000.
• Hip #136 WEST TEXAS THUNDER, 2017 palomino gelding (Playin Attraction – Cowgirl Paddy, by Paddys Irish Whiskey). Consigned by Four Sixes Ranch – $30,000.
All of the participating ranches would like to thank everyone who supported the sale this year, “It gives us great pride to see these horses succeed under new ownership. Plans are already underway for the 2021 Return to the Remuda Sale, we look forward to seeing everyone next fall.” concluded Blodgett.