Date(s) - 10/02/2020 - 10/03/2020
Four Sixes Ranch
2020 Return to the Remuda shatters previous sale records!
The annual fall sale was held October 3 at Four SixesTM Ranch in Guthrie, Texas, and 156 horses were sold.
Guthrie, Texas, October 7, 2020 – The Annual Return to the Remuda sale was hosted at the Four Sixes Ranch in Guthrie, Texas on October 3, where the Beggs Cattle Company, Four Sixes Ranch, Tongue River Ranch, Pitchfork Land and Cattle Company, along with guest consignors Circle Bar Ranch, King Ranch and Wagonhound Land & Livestock, sold 156 horses to the public.
“This was the largest crowd we have had at a Return to the Remuda Sale. We are appreciative of the support from the equine industry, buyers traveled from coast to coast to be at this event, with over 20 different states represented.” said Horse Division Manager and Resident Veterinarian, Dr Glenn Blodgett.
Across the board the sale was strong with gross sales of nearly $2,000,000, a more than 28 percent increase over 2019. The sale also experienced the highest overall average of $12,348, a 27 percent increase over 2019 and a more than 14 percent increase over all previous Return to the Remuda sales.
“Our 2-Year-Olds saw the biggest gains with a 34 percent increase over 2019 and 21 percent over all past sales. Our goal is to develop horses that are desirable both on the ranch and in the arena. The sale increases we saw this year reinforce that we are all on the right track with our breeding programs,” commented Blodgett.
Congratulations to the connections of the top 5 sellers:
• Hip #51 WARESTHEHANCOCK “Pearl Snap”, 2011 gray gelding (Waresthecat – Ginnin Hancock, by Tanquery Gin). Consigned by Four Sixes Ranch – $38,000.
• Hip #56 JESSES HIGH BROW, 2019 palomino colt (Jesses Topaz – High Brow Six, by High Brow Cat). Consigned by Four Sixes Ranch – $37,500.
• Hip #91 CATS ATTRACTIN CASH, 2013 gray gelding (Cat And Cash – Turnin Attraction, by Playin Attraction). Consigned by Pitchfork Land & Cattle Company – $30,000.
• Hip #92 BECACO DINERO, 2010 bay gelding (Doctor Echo – Ms Becaco Cash, by Preferred Gin). Consigned by Beggs Cattle Company – $30,000
• Hip #108 CIRCLE BAR C ME WIN “Josey Wales”, 2011 gray gelding (Circle Bar Pistol – CC Aubrey Ann, by Seven S Keota). Consigned by Circle Bar Ranch – $30,000.
• Hip #136 WEST TEXAS THUNDER, 2017 palomino gelding (Playin Attraction – Cowgirl Paddy, by Paddys Irish Whiskey). Consigned by Four Sixes Ranch – $30,000.
All of the participating ranches would like to thank everyone who supported the sale this year, “It gives us great pride to see these horses succeed under new ownership. Plans are already underway for the 2021 Return to the Remuda Sale, we look forward to seeing everyone next fall.” concluded Blodgett.
Click Here for 2020 Return to the Remuda Sale Results
2020 Return to the Remuda Sale
The annual Return to the Remuda Sale will be held October 2-3rd. The sale will include registered American Quarter Horses of various ages from four historic ranches: Four Sixes Ranch, Beggs Cattle Company, Pitchfork Cattle Company and Tongue River Ranch. Three of the ranches are winners of the prestigious AQHA Best Remuda Award, which recognizes the outstanding foundation that ranch horses laid for the American Quarter Horse. This year’s guest consignors are Circle Bar Ranch, King Ranch and Wagonhound Land & Livestock.
The event features some of the industry’s finest bloodlines with success in cutting, reining, reined cow horse, roping, barrel racing and ranch horse competitions offering approximately 100-150 head of quality horses that range in age and includes weanlings, yearlings, 2-year-olds, ranch geldings, mares and stallion prospects. A demonstration of sale horses will be held October 2nd and the sale will be conducted October 3rd.
Click here to view the Return to the Remuda Catalog in a flip book!
Click here to download a PDF of the Return to the Remuda Catalog!
**Please be patient, this is a large file.
Please view the map below for accommodations within 120 miles of Guthrie, TX. For options broader than the distance displayed select “View larger map”.